I haven't posted here in ages.
And now, of my three blogs, I'm not sure where to post this; Is it in the field of healthcare/nursing? Or in the sphere of health-wellness? Or in this realm, of money and taxes and the government?
I decided on this blog, as I haven't written here in a while.
I saw the news article today about the 24 year old American man who died of a toothache because he was unable to find affordable healthcare.
The tooth infection spread to his brain, and he died.
It is 2011.
He had two prescriptions from the realm of heathcare: one for painkillers, another for antibiotics. He chose the painkillers - only to fill that one as he only had enough money for one. He chose wrong. I guess the doctors and nurses and techs at the hospital ER he visited were too busy to teach him that the antibiotics would eventually knock out the infection, thus easing the inflammation that caused the pain. To get the tooth removed was the ultimate cure, then the pills. But he chose the worst option.
I imagine no one taught him. No one assumed he didn't know. No one cared to find out. Or may they were all too busy and overloaded with patients they thought this, and planned to do some teaching, but were not able due to the more pressing immediate demands of their jobs.
Point is, he didn't help himself and our diseaseprocessing system didn't help him much either.
There are two issues here that I see that fit into my other blogs. On the surface, it seems that money was the problem - he didn't have enough money for both svripts to be filled, so he chose the painkiller script to fill.
But in reference to my other blogs, it was a health-wellness issue (lack of education and prevention) as well as healthcare issue ( he wasn't given direction of what to do, nor assessed to see his situation). Social workers, doctors and nurses failed this man. He was processed. He wasn't cared for. I am at this juncture taking a stand and in my use, changing the word "healthcare" to "healthprocess". Actually, it should be 'diseaseprocess" . For having worked as a nurse since '05, that is what I see: people are vehicles for their disease processes which are alloted RUGS (payment for each disease) and their diseases are processed.
So, I will publish this post on my nursing blog "The peripheral" as well as my health-wellness blog "Run RN Aloft".
This is time to tell the inside story of the world of disease processing.
Yes, people live longer with the help of drugs and doctors and nurses and treatments and procedures.
But they pay a price - they are not dealt with systemically as human beings. Too many are mistreated or not treated at all. Their circumstances and education levels are ignored or overlooked. They are not cared for.
I propose a major truth change: take the word 'care' out of healthcare.
Kyle Willis lost his life.
it appears he wasn't educated very well.
He wasn't cared for by the 'health care' system he entered.
He was an American who couldn't navigate the system. I also read he was unemployed.
And because of that he lost his life.
How many unheard of lives are lost due to these causes.
And now, with unemployment rising, and Americans collectively sinking on scales of competiveness and test-taking compared with others around the globe, Kyle Willis won't be the last.
Who is a major force behind his death: the current American congress, and the era of entitlement and greed that set so many people up to lose their souls in return for bank profits, CEO bonuses, stock options and huge traders' fees.
Our American egos and fear due to our inability to look beyond our own selfish needs got us here.
We are all in this together Believe it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mission impossible
Mark Everson, commissioner of the IRS, states in a message to taxpayers, "To protect the honest taxpayer, we have strengthened enforcement of the tax laws. The vast majority of taxpayers pay honestly and accurately, and they have every right to expect their neighbors and competitors to do the same."
This blog will document my ongoing efforts to extract myself from the financially oppressive control of the IRS during and after being married to a businessman who was less than forthright with his finances. Here's what happened when I tried to be honest and make things right. A little upfront warning: don't try this at home. You'll end up where I am, and believe me, it's tedious at best.
The IRS Mission, according to the 2006 1040 instruction booklet, is, "Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsiblities and by applying the tax law with integrity and fairness to all."
My Mission: In dealing with the IRS since a joint-income tax return field audit was started in July 2002, I hope to help as many friends as possible, in like circumstances, avoid the "top quality service" of such a fair and honest organization as the IRS. It's not worth it. Don't ever try to be a good American in this realm. Protect yourself.
This blog will document my ongoing efforts to extract myself from the financially oppressive control of the IRS during and after being married to a businessman who was less than forthright with his finances. Here's what happened when I tried to be honest and make things right. A little upfront warning: don't try this at home. You'll end up where I am, and believe me, it's tedious at best.
The IRS Mission, according to the 2006 1040 instruction booklet, is, "Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsiblities and by applying the tax law with integrity and fairness to all."
My Mission: In dealing with the IRS since a joint-income tax return field audit was started in July 2002, I hope to help as many friends as possible, in like circumstances, avoid the "top quality service" of such a fair and honest organization as the IRS. It's not worth it. Don't ever try to be a good American in this realm. Protect yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment