I've started writing my appeal - if it is denied, then I can go to tax court.
I've checked out attorneys and cpas that are certified to practice in tax court. Lots of money necessary to tap into these guys. It's the same old case of if you need justice in this country, you'd better be rich.
I have this fantasy of representing myself in tax court - and I just may have to. I know I could prepare well - it's just a matter (isn't it always) of time. Trying to learn a new computer system for my job, trying to be a good mom of two kids in two very different age groups with their own set of developmental issues, trying to keep up a house and keep everyone in it happy - sounds like such a traditional female whine doesn't it.....
Except for the tax court thing. Hah!
But could I really get into that.... that's the thing. Between doing this blog, imagining and working on the book of it, and the intricacies of the legal system AND tax world - fascinating stuff. Then, on top of it all, last weekend just by chance, I met an ultra-runner. He spoke about all the great places he'd been, and how he does the runs, including Badwater, which is 150+ miles.... Got me interested in running again - another thing that eats up time.
Oh well. As they say, you can sleep when you're dead! (But as I always wrongly think, does the lack of sleep hasten death? Sure. But that's thinking too much as usual).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mission impossible
Mark Everson, commissioner of the IRS, states in a message to taxpayers, "To protect the honest taxpayer, we have strengthened enforcement of the tax laws. The vast majority of taxpayers pay honestly and accurately, and they have every right to expect their neighbors and competitors to do the same."
This blog will document my ongoing efforts to extract myself from the financially oppressive control of the IRS during and after being married to a businessman who was less than forthright with his finances. Here's what happened when I tried to be honest and make things right. A little upfront warning: don't try this at home. You'll end up where I am, and believe me, it's tedious at best.
The IRS Mission, according to the 2006 1040 instruction booklet, is, "Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsiblities and by applying the tax law with integrity and fairness to all."
My Mission: In dealing with the IRS since a joint-income tax return field audit was started in July 2002, I hope to help as many friends as possible, in like circumstances, avoid the "top quality service" of such a fair and honest organization as the IRS. It's not worth it. Don't ever try to be a good American in this realm. Protect yourself.
This blog will document my ongoing efforts to extract myself from the financially oppressive control of the IRS during and after being married to a businessman who was less than forthright with his finances. Here's what happened when I tried to be honest and make things right. A little upfront warning: don't try this at home. You'll end up where I am, and believe me, it's tedious at best.
The IRS Mission, according to the 2006 1040 instruction booklet, is, "Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsiblities and by applying the tax law with integrity and fairness to all."
My Mission: In dealing with the IRS since a joint-income tax return field audit was started in July 2002, I hope to help as many friends as possible, in like circumstances, avoid the "top quality service" of such a fair and honest organization as the IRS. It's not worth it. Don't ever try to be a good American in this realm. Protect yourself.
1 comment:
death and taxes...and lack of sleep? What's the history of the saying, "the only thing certain are death and taxes?" always wondered...maybe your IRS agent knows?
Post a Comment