I sent my "statement of disagreement" about the "preliminary" denial of innocent spouse relief today. Was going to send it certified mail, as I'd sent every bit of correspondence previously. But then thought, why. More money to spend of this sinkhole?
I'll send a copy to the tax advocate, and she can send a copy to the good ole folks in Covington, Kentucky if somehow, they don't receive it.
Through this all, since I got in contact with her about two years ago, my tax advocate has been invaluable. The only person connected with the IRS I have any esteem for. She is amazing. For she is an IRS employee, but she is:
(I know you will all think I've been drinking when i write these words, but I haven't....)
Honest. Efficient. Responsible. Knowledgable.
I know. Shocking.
I still can't believe it. Cheryl Hamman in Springfield. I would still probably be getting very rare fowarded letters about things done three months prior if it weren't for her.
Thank you Cheryl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mission impossible
Mark Everson, commissioner of the IRS, states in a message to taxpayers, "To protect the honest taxpayer, we have strengthened enforcement of the tax laws. The vast majority of taxpayers pay honestly and accurately, and they have every right to expect their neighbors and competitors to do the same."
This blog will document my ongoing efforts to extract myself from the financially oppressive control of the IRS during and after being married to a businessman who was less than forthright with his finances. Here's what happened when I tried to be honest and make things right. A little upfront warning: don't try this at home. You'll end up where I am, and believe me, it's tedious at best.
The IRS Mission, according to the 2006 1040 instruction booklet, is, "Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsiblities and by applying the tax law with integrity and fairness to all."
My Mission: In dealing with the IRS since a joint-income tax return field audit was started in July 2002, I hope to help as many friends as possible, in like circumstances, avoid the "top quality service" of such a fair and honest organization as the IRS. It's not worth it. Don't ever try to be a good American in this realm. Protect yourself.
This blog will document my ongoing efforts to extract myself from the financially oppressive control of the IRS during and after being married to a businessman who was less than forthright with his finances. Here's what happened when I tried to be honest and make things right. A little upfront warning: don't try this at home. You'll end up where I am, and believe me, it's tedious at best.
The IRS Mission, according to the 2006 1040 instruction booklet, is, "Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsiblities and by applying the tax law with integrity and fairness to all."
My Mission: In dealing with the IRS since a joint-income tax return field audit was started in July 2002, I hope to help as many friends as possible, in like circumstances, avoid the "top quality service" of such a fair and honest organization as the IRS. It's not worth it. Don't ever try to be a good American in this realm. Protect yourself.
1 comment:
good post...like the humor...funny stuff, but glad you found a worthwhile employee. it just takes one person as a contact at these agencies to make things go a lot smoother. glad you found that one...shes' a credit...or is it a 'debit'?
Post a Comment